Baltimore’s restaurant scene is often underrated. Sure, we’re no NYC, San Fran, or Chicago, but for a medium-sized city, Baltimore has a substantial selection of great restaurants for whatever cuisine you’re craving.
- R.House is less of a restaurant, and more of a food hall, but the stall-served has a diverse selection sure to please the palettes of roommates. With plenty of seating, and a specialty cocktail bar with trivia nights, it’s the perfect spot to hang outside the house.
- Hersh’s serves up unique Italian cuisine anchored in tradition. The South Baltimore gem has an atmosphere and menu that makes it perfect for roommate dates or special occasions.
- Lobo Fell’s Point is a corner bar in Fells that specialized in a casual, yet elevated, vibe. If you and the roommates love meat and cheese, their sandwiches and charcuterie should be right up your alley. The spot also contains a raw bar to satisfy your seafood cravings.
- Verde Pizza provides patrons with a gourmet pizza experience in their quaint bistro-inspired digs. If you and/or your roommates are advocates for adventurous eating, check out Verde’s creative takes on one of America’s favorite foods!
- Mama’s on the Half Shell, a Baltimore staple, is a perfect location for roommates who like to sit on Canton Square while snacking on seafood and sipping on cocktails. Living in Canton? Mama’s is a must-eat!
- Peko Peko Ramen is one of the only Japanese ramen spots in the city and is located close to Johns Hopkins University, Homewood Campus. Whether you and your roommate are looking for a study break, or need to warm up on a rainy day, Peko Peko is worth the trip.
- Golden West Cafe is one of Hampden’s finest restaurants. Along 36th Street, deemed ‘The Avenue’ by locals, this quaint spot with eclectic decor embodies quintessential Hampden quirkiness. In a hurry? Stop by their Golden West Window after some roommate-shopping along the avenue for tacos and waffles.
- At DiPasquale’s Italian Market, the Italian cuisine is real. A consistent go-to spot for subs and salads, DiPasquale’s has all of your quick-dinner needs. Next time you and the roommates don’t feel like cooking, stop by their Highlandtown shop. Pick up and enjoy!
- Keeping a healthy house? Pure Raw Juice has a delicious selection of smoothie bowls and juices perfect for roommates looking to keep clean …or cleanse after a late Saturday night. No judgement.
- L.P. Steamers in Locust Point is your spot for seafood! When the weather is nice, grab the roommates and head to L.P.’s upstairs deck for crabs and a Boh. There’s few things more Baltimore, hon.
- Clavel is arguably Baltimore’s favorite taco joint. Located in Remington, Clavel’s got authentic tacos complete with a mezcal tasting room. Their digs can get a little crowded on weekends, so we suggest heading there on a weeknight. If you and your homies love photogenic restaurants and Mexican food, look no further.
- Would it even be a Baltimore foodie list if we didn’t list Ekiben? Residents travel from all over the city to grab steamed buns from this unique eatery – if your crew is into Asian fusion, make it a point to hit up Ekiben before heading home for the night. Their buns are guaranteed to please.
Looking to venture out of your neighborhood on some adventures? Grab your roommates and head on some of the other great Roommate Date Ideas we’ve got listed HERE!