A Guide to Living in CantonJuly 9, 2018
Johns Hopkins Students – Find the Perfect RoommateJuly 25, 2018
Moving to Federal Hill? Already live there and looking for new spots to check out? Whether you’re new to the city, moving to a new neighborhood, or born and raised in Baltimore, it never hurts to know what’s around. We at Homies strive to be a resource to those looking to move into a new area or further explore their own neighborhoods, so we’ve put together the following Guide to Living in Federal Hill. See map below for all of our suggested spots!
- Restaurants. So Federal Hill is definitely known for its nightlife, but the neighborhood is home to a ton of diverse restaurants that rank amongst Baltimore’s Best! If you’re craving sushi, head to Shoyou Sushi. Want Italian with al fresco dining? Hersh’s is the spot. See the map below for spots to check out on your next Roommate Date!
- Grocery Stores. Love to cook? So do we! You can pick up all your groceries at Harris Teeter in McHenry Row or Shoppers on E Fort Ave!
- Bars. Federal Hill is one of the most densely populated areas for bars, perfect for those looking to grab a beer and watch the game. No matter the vibe you’re feeling or team you’re supporting, we’ve listed popular Federal Hill bars in the map below.
- Breweries. Baltimore has a thriving micro-brewery scene. If you’re into craft beer and are in the Federal Hill area, brews from Diamondback Brewing Company are a must-taste. Cheers!
- Liquor Stores. It’s no secret that Federal Hill likes to have a good time. We’re all for some fun and want to help! You’ll be happy to know that libations for your housewarming party and/or Saturday wine night are within close proximity. Refer to the map below for the liquor store closest to you!
- Coffeeshops. If you love coffee, or just need an AM boost after last night’s festivities, you’ve got a handful of options for refuel. Hit up Spoons Cafe for a latte, Order & Chaos for a specialty brew, 3 Bean Coffee for an iced coffee, or Afters Cafe for an espresso!
Federal Hill FITNESS
- Gyms. Merritt Clubs is a popular option for Federal Hill residents (with other locations in Canton and Downtown Baltimore). If you feel more comfortable in a slightly smaller gym, Federal Hill Fitness is another great option for all your gym needs!
- Studios. Aiming to switch it up from your normal gym routine? From boxing classes to cycling, see the map below to see the variety of fitness studios you can find in Federal Hill!
- Pools. Similar to Canton, Merritt in Federal Hill has a pool. With a pool bar. If you’re looking for a more low key lounge with more privacy, we suggest using Homies to search for potential roommates in apartments buildings with a pool!
- Intramural Sports. With a lot of young residents, Federal Hill is a prime neighrborhood for intramural sports. The Kickball League of Baltimore and Volo Sports organize leagues for multiple sports throughout the city and in multiple locations across Fed Hill. In Latrobe, Riverside, and Swann Parks. At Mother’s Grille, Delia Foley’s, Little Havana. Intramural teams are the perfect way to stay social and active; we definitely recommend joining in on the fun!
- The Arts. But there’s more to Federal Hill than just bars, restaurants, and sports! If you’re a fan of the arts, you’ve got cool spots in your backyard. Book lovers will love the literary oasis – and serene courtyard – at The Book Escape. Music lovers, The 8×10, a performance venue located on Cross St, brings in a wide variety of artists and acts. If museums, contemporary art, and/or Instagrammable decor, you should check out the. American Visionary Arts Museum. Located on Key Highway, the AVAM is a curated home to over 4,000 pieces, all created through unique visions by self-taught artists.
- Clothes. Need some retail therapy close to home? You’re in luck, ladies. Head to Brightside Boutique or PUNCH! for your best friends’ birthdays or last minute Saturday night needs. Sorry guys, looks like there are more women’s boutiques than men’s in Federal Hill. But I don’t think your girlfriend would complain about a gift from either boutique…just sayin’.
- Hardware Stores. Need a quick-fix to a home problem? More flowers for those window boxes? Good thing Ace Hardware on Light Street is only a few blocks away!
Recently relocate to Baltimore? Looking for more Baltimore restaurant and activity recommendations? Here are our tips on living like a local, Federal Hill Roommate Date ideas, and some of our other favorite city spots!
Want to make moves to a new Federal Hill apartment? Don’t forget to download Homies to find the perfect fit!