Baltimore contains many diverse neighborhoods, and we’re here to help you navigate all the fun things to do in yours through our 10 Roommate Date Ideas series! Up next, Homies headed to Federal Hill, one of Baltimore city’s young and lively neighborhoods for our next collection of Roommate Date Ideas.
Game for some adventure in your neighborhood but don’t know where to go? Don’t sweat it, Homies has you covered! We’ve come up with 10 Roommate Date ideas for those of you living in Federal Hill:
1. Take a Workout Class
Due to the area’s younger crowd, Federal Hill is a very active neighborhood. If running along the Inner Harbor isn’t your thing, you could always grab your roommate(s) and hit up a workout class at one of the many options in the South Baltimore neighborhoods of Federal Hill, Riverside, and Locust Point! You’re bound to find a fitness class to fit your preferences at the Federal Hill locations of Knockout Fitness, Core Power Yoga, and/or REV Cycle. You could
2. Flip Night at Wayward Smokehouse
- One of the highlights of living in South Baltimore is Flip Night. From 9PM-12AM on Thursday nights at Wayward Smokehouse, you and your roomies can flip for your draft beers/rail drinks. Call heads/tails correctly, get your drink on the house! Are you feeling lucky?
3. Game Day at the Purple Patio
- Mother’s Grille is a staple in the Federal Hill community, and the bar/restaurant also happens to be one of the best spots to hangout for game days (beside the Ravens’ Stadium, of course!) If you and your roommate(s) are avid Ravens fans, or are looking for an excuse to celebrate, $35 gets you bottomless bloodies, crushes, and beers (plus one food item.) Now that’s what we call Sunday Funday.
4. Coffee date at Spoons Cafe
- You might miss Spoons Cafe if you weren’t in pursuit of one of their biscuit sandwiches or lattes. The quaint space, located on Cross Street, is a coffee shop-lovers dream that doubles as a great place for a weekend latte date with the roomies. Pro-tip: The shop’s hours cater to the morning-people of Federal Hill. Late riser? See #9.
5. Catch a show at Illusions Magic Bar & Lounge
- Comedy and magic, two things that are readily available during any show at Illusions Bar & Lounge on S Charles Street. The magic bar has called Federal Hill for years and their 90-minute shows are a unique way to get out on a Friday & Saturday night. Did we mention they have a fully stocked bar? Sounds like a magical night to us!
6. Wednesday mornings with November Project Baltimore
- If you’re looking to get in a free workout, spend quality time with your roommate, expand your network, and try an innovative approach to working off all of the fun from ideas #2, #3, and #9? November Project is worth a try! The group meets on Wednesday mornings at Federal Hill/Rash Field. Nothing says ‘roommate bonding’ quite like 5:30AM wake up calls, running sets of stairs, and catching the sunrise from Federal Hill!
7. Flicks on the Hill
- Hosted by the American Visionary Arts Museum, Flicks on the Hill is a great and free!) things to do on Thursdays in July & August. Grab your roommate, a blanket, takeout from The Local Fry, and make a night of it! Click HERE for the seasonal film lineup.
8. Dinner date at Shoyou Sushi
- Consistently voted one of the top sushi spots in Baltimore, Shoyou Sushi (called Sushi Bruce by locals) is a great spot for a roommate date night. Their space may be on the smaller side, but that doesn’t stop the restaurant from doing big things. If you’re craving a classic roll, pieces of sashimi, or a sushi burrito (the real crowd pleaser), this is your place.
9. Bottomless Brunch
- Bottomless brunch is a staple in the Federal Hill culture; as a result, it should come as no surprise that there are a long list of options for you and your roommates’ Sunday Funday. Late night out? Check out bottomless brunch options Little Havana, Rowhouse Grille, Minnow, and Banditos that run until 2-3PM. Don’t worry, they’ve got coffee too. Late risers, this one’s for you.
10. Saturday morning at the Baltimore Museum of Industry (BMI) Farmer’s Market
- We’ve told you about the farmers’ markets in Fells Point and Mount Vernon, but there are also fresh options for those of you living in South Baltimore. The BMI Farmers’ Market operates out of the Baltimore Museum of Industry parking lot on Saturdays, 9AM-1PM from May – November. If fresh food and supporting local are important to you and your roommate(s), the market makes a great roommate date!