DID YOU KNOW: Baltimore has been on the nation’s radar as one of the coolest cities on the East Coast? The people, the food, the character all play major roles in the influx of millennials into neighborhoods such as Federal Hill, Fells Point, Canton, Hampden, etc.. The city’s culture fosters collaboration and innovation so it’s no surprise Baltimore is home to the entrepreneurs of the mid-Atlantic. With so many concepts and products flowing through the streets of the city, it’s important to have affordable and accessible co-working spaces that support small startups and their big ideas.
Working from home is cool; but if you’ve got big plans, need meeting spaces, a new home base, there are plenty of co-working spaces in the Baltimore area that cater to your budget, location, and needs. In the spirit of entrepreneurship, we’ve compiled 10 Co-Working spaces in Baltimore:
- Spark. Located in the Power Plant District, Spark is close to I-83, Inner Harbor, and Business District of Downtown Baltimore. The space offers entrepreneurs a variety of services for their business, as well as a shared kitchen, fitness center, and an on-site parking garage. Details on costs can be found HERE under the MEMBERSHIPS tab.
- Impact Hub. With a Baltimore location, Impact Hub brings its international connections to Charm City. Membership is dependent on your anticipated use of the space – are you looking for day-to-day access, set up home base, or just have conference room access? You can see Membership details HERE. Are you a student? Impact Hub has a Student/Fellowship option that makes the Connect membership available to you for only $30/month!
- Open Works. If your business is geared toward being a “maker”, you might consider a membership at Open Works! Their facilities are geared toward fostering Baltimore’s rich manufacturing history, and their memberships range from Day Pass to Maker, Builder, and Pro memberships. If you’re not looking for a membership, you can transiently use the space while taking one of Open Work’s classes listed HERE.
- Vision. Located in Federal Hill, Vision offers a warm and inviting environment to host clients, meetings, or just get sh*t done. They offer a variety of spaces and accessibility, all of which can be booked online. Vision also hosts events for members and those looking to join their co-working community. Check their Event Calendar and Instagram to stay in the loop!
- Betamore at City Garage. Close to I-95, Betamore is one of the dog-friendly co-working spaces in the city. Along with offices, kitchen, and free parking, the space also provides access to education opportunities such as day-long or 8-12 week Academy courses to help you build your business! Want to check out the space in person? Schedule a Tour!
- Beehive Baltimore. Associated with ETC and located in Highlandtown, Beehive Baltimore is a convenient co-working option for those residing in Eastern Baltimore. Their space has a gym and free parking, a big plus for those looking to workout their body while working on their entrepreneurial journey. Memberships range from Freelance Bee to Honey Bee, depending on your specific needs.
- Brewers Hill Hub has a massive space that’s ready to host your client meeting, study session, or full-time operations. Single desks, private offices, suites – with so many options, they’re like the Four Seasons of co-working spaces. As for amenities, Brewers Hill Hub (like others) has free parking, kitchen, and free coffee to fuel your business. The space is unique, however, that it has on-site daycare, game room, and access to other type of brew (microbrews!)
- Co-Lab Baltimore is a space best suited for long-term residents. They call the neighborhood of Old Goucher home, close to Baltimore staples like Clavel. Co-Lab offers users unique amenities such as storage, exterior signage, secure bike parking, a pump room with freezer, and business mailing addresses. The efficiently designed space is bound to impress any client!
- Homebase has TWO Baltimore locations for your convenience – one on Pratt St and one in Clipper Mill! No matter if you’re looking to call Pratt Street or Clipper Mill home base, you’ll get a concierge to receive all your guests and car charging stations (for those of you with electric transportation!) Just looking for a business mailing address? Or conference room? Homebase has membership options for all levels of entrepreneurship!
- The Cube Co-Work is the ideal space for the co-working PARENT. Located on York Rd, The Cube Co-work was founded by two women. They generated the space in an effort to harmonize work and home life; their on-site babysitting allows parents to succeed in an environment that balances family and business. Know a parent who is in beginning stages of building his/her journey? Find out more about The Cube Co-Work Scholarship opportunities!
Taking a break from the office? Looking to do some work at a coffee shop? We’ve compiled the 10 Best Baltimore Coffeeshops to Work Out of!
Looking to explore more of Baltimore? Be sure to check out all of our City Spot suggestions!